Australian Acupuncture Centre (AAC) is dedicated to delivering high-quality, caring and effective acupuncture and Chinese medicine health care for various conditions.
While there are many different styles of acupuncture practiced throughout the world today, the two main styles practiced at AAC are classical Japanese acupuncture & traditional Chinese acupuncture. Extensive training, industry experience and a focus on professionalism allows our staff to be in the lead when it comes to the treatment of a wide variety of conditions or to integrate their traditional systems of care into the health care plans of other professionals.
At AAC, acupuncture consultations follow a particular process, beginning with a complete case history taking and a series of traditional examinations.
Quality case history taking and traditional examination lead to the formation of a working Chinese medicine diagnosis. This, in turn, helps the acupuncturist understand the nature of the presenting complaint. From this point, informed decisions can be made regarding the direction the consultation should take. Suppose other options, such as herbal medicine moxibustion, massage, exercise therapy, dietary advice or the services of another health care professional, are indicated. In that case, moxibustion, massage, exercise therapy, dietary advice or the services of another health care professional are indicated. Then they can be incorporated into the treatment plan as needed.
Patients are invited to contact our reception with any questions they might have about whether acupuncture is suitable for their particular situation.
call us on 03 5298 1213
Features of an acupuncture consultation at the Australian Acupuncture Centre
- Professional consultations based on a balanced and dynamic understanding of the role Eastern and Western medicine play in modern health care.
- Integration of AAC services with the services of other health care professionals
- Individualised treatment and care plans guided by the theories of classical Japanese and traditional Chinese acupuncture
- Fluid clinical integration of traditional and modern acupuncture techniques
- Safe, clean needling techniques – only sterile, single-use needles are used; all non-insertion equipment is thoroughly disinfected according to national regulations
- Gentle needling techniques- sensations usually range from nothing to slight tingling, although some people report a sense of fuzziness or something akin to a trickle running across the skin.
- A peaceful and relaxing treatment environment conveniently located at the corner of Shannon Ave & Roxby St, Manifold Heights, opposite Coles in Shannon Avenue.
- Plenty of on-site parking
- Health fund rebates apply.
We have a range of client resources to help you make the most of your treatment from after treatment care to detailed overviews of our treatment options
ACC Video Gallery
< Scroll to explore all our videos >
Explore all our services
The AAC team is dedicated to delivering high quality, caring and effective acupuncture for a wide variety of conditions.
Moxibustion is a specialised branch of Traditional East Asian medicine involving the strategic application of heat to the body via moxa in various forms.
Easy to take, these are prescription only medications and require a Chinese herbal medicine consultation. Contact us.
Related Blog Posts
Low energy? Motivation non-existent? Immune system shot to pieces? Nerve system on an endless cycle of fight or flight? You might be burnt out! Burnout is not a new condition, but it is fast becoming a modern day epidemic. Long covid, adrenal fatigue, chronic fatigue,...
“You are what you eat.” At least that’s what most of us have heard, or been told at some point in our lives. In truth though, as my old mentor Graham Jellett used to tell me “You are what your digestive system can absorb and process.” In the modern day health sphere,...
Breathing your way through life with Nadi Shodhana Nadi Shodhana, also known as alternate nostril breathing, is a breathing technique that involves inhaling and exhaling through alternate nostrils. According to yogic tradition, practising Nadi Shodhana before bed can...
Here to support you and your health
Open 6 days a week with hours to suit you
Call us on 03 5298 1213
Shop 3 / 153 Shannon Ave, Manifold Heights, VIC 3218